Monday, August 10, 2009

I Am A Paralegal

To whom it may concern: I am glad to say that I am a professional in one of the best fields in the Legal Services Industry. Being a paralegal has exposed me to the Criminal Justice System and Law in so many ways that would not have been possible in any other professional field. I have been blessed in the last 25 years of learning and meeting some incredible human beings, I have been blessed to have served and helped so many Pro Se Litigants that I sometimes have to pinch myself and remind myself that it is you the consumer in which I serve. I consider myself to be an Informational Provider, I love to share information with people when it comes to understanding the Criminal Justice System and how it works.

My professional career has been very diverse and this happened by choice. I am a former State of Colorado Juvenile Probation Officer, former paralegal in the United States Marine Corps (USMC) and Corporate America as a paralegal for Law Firms, I am a former freelance paralegal and was also a paralegal supervisor. I am a former High School and Middle School Teacher, I am a former Restorative Justice Coordinator working with children through mediation. My professional experience has allowed me to share and become knowledgeable in so many areas of the Criminal Justice System that I consider myself a Leading Authority on many areas of the Criminal Justice System and I am not one dimensional. What I have learned in the last 25 years I want to share and help people who really just need some guidance through a very complex court process in which they just need simple answers.

I am never worried about being accused of "Unauthorized Practice of Law" (UPL) I had to deal with this issue everyday while I was a probation officer. I have a very broad understanding of the Criminal Justice System and I am a seasoned veteran paralegal who knows the difference between answering questions and given legal advice. I understand what everyday people who need help on Non-contested matters need. So with all of this I believe this is why I am now an Informational Provider, Pro Se Litigants are looking for simple answers not confusion so this is one reason why Pro Se Litigants should hire an Independent Paralegal on Non-contested matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment